Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny is hopping down the road and what better way to greet him than with some tasty Easter Bunny Veggie Frittatas for breakfast? These Frittatas are great for a sit down breakfast or a brunch on the go, which helps when you're on the hunt for Easter eggs! We hope these Easter Bunny Veggie Frittatas help you have a cheerful Easter!
Easter Bunny Veggie Frittata
Inspired by Kim's Cravings
Serving size: 12 Frittatas
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 of an white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces of crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped Thyme
- 1 stalk of green onion
- 1 carrot
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 can of non-stick cooking spray
- muffin tin
- 1/2 cup dry measuring cup
- 1/3 cup dry measuring cup
- 1 tablespoon
- cutting board
- Grown Up Chef knife
- medium sauté pan
- mezzaluna (optional) (Buy here on Amazon)
- Garlic press (optional)
- large bowl
- Wash hands.
- **Grown-up** Cut the top and bottom off of the onion.
- Peel the onion.
- Peel the garlic and take out one clove.
- **Grown Up** With a knife, dice a small onion or half of a white onion into small pieces.
- With a garlic press, press the garlic clove. If you don't have one, let a grown-up mince the garlic.
- Measure 1/2 cup of fresh spinach leaves.
- Tear 1/2 cup of spinach leaves into small pieces or use a mezzaluna to chop the spinach.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a non-stick spray, grease the muffin tin.
- Measure out a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Measure a tablespoon of olive oil and pour into a medium sauté pan. **Grown-up**: heat pan to medium-high heat.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of onions.
- **Grown Up** Add and sauté the onion for 3 to 5 minutes. The onion is ready when it's translucent.
- Germ Alert! Raw eggs have germs called Salmonella. This germ makes your tummy sick, so remember to wash your hands!
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl. Fish out any white pieces that fell in!
- Wash your hands.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs.
- **Grown-up** Add the minced garlic and sauté for another minute.
- **Grown-up** Add the spinach and sauté until the leaves have wilted.
- **Grown-up** Pour the onion mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pluck the leaves off of the thyme sprig. Save the sprig for decoration!
- Measure out a tablespoon of thyme and add to egg mixture.
- Whisk the thyme, onion and egg mixture together.
- Measure out a 1/2 cup of Feta cheese.
- Place crumbled Feta cheese into the bottoms of the muffin tin. They should cover the bottom of the tin.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tin.
- **Grown-up** Place the tin in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While you're waiting, you could paint some Easter Eggs, make some Easter cards or make your own Easter Bunny mask with construction paper and a paper plate!
- **Grown-up** Take out and let cool.
- **Grown-up** Chop the green onion into thin slices. These will the rabbits' eyes!
- Pluck off the leaves off of a thyme sprig for the rabbit whiskers!
- **Grown-up** Cut a carrot into triangles. These will be the rabbits' nose!
- Decorate the frittata with spinach leaves for rabbit ears, the green onion for eyes and the carrot for the nose.
- Poke the thyme sprigs in the sides of the frittata for the whiskers.
- Fill the muffin tin halfway as the frittatas tend to pop out.
- Keep a close eye on your garlic! They burn easily.
- Help your little chef with the eggs at first but move onto the next steps while they're working.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR & PHOTOGRAPHER
Lincoln Gardner is a senior at Ithaca College with a major in Television-Radio and a Writing minor. She’s worked as Production Intern for The Ithaca Voice and as a Assistant Director for the college television show ‘Sautéed’ for three seasons.
Nomster Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Clicking on these links and making a purchase earns Nomster Chef a small commission, at no additional cost to you. We are not otherwise paid or perked to recommend these products. Thanks so much for your support!