Ready to cook? Kid-friendly instructions here!
Serving: 4 people
Makes 8 potato halves (lunch, snack, or light dinner for 4 people)
preparation time: 1 hour
This recipe asks you to microwave the potatoes for 5 minutes to soften them, and then to finish cooking them in the oven, but...
...If you prefer, you could roast the potatoes in the oven at 425° for 30-40 minutes before starting to cook with your child (instead of microwaving them)
SPECIAL DIETARY NEEDS:
- Contains dairy (but can be swapped out)
- Meat-free, can also be made vegan
- To make dairy-free and vegan
- Instead of butter, use olive oil
- Instead of mozzarella, use dairy-free mozzarella style shreds (try Daiya brand)
Sweet potatoes: aim for 4 palm-sized sweet potatoes (or more if they're smaller). Giant ones are okay but will take longer to cook.
1 ripe avocado
1 can of low-sodium black beans
Package of shredded mozzarella (you'll use about 1/2 cup)
or dairy-free mozzarella style shreds (try Daiya brand)
YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE:
Unsalted butter (you'll use about a half stick)
(or olive oil for dairy free)
- Salt and pepper