Orange you glad you’re making a smoothie today?!
This 4 ingredient orange smoothie is exactly what you need on a hot summer day like today. This smoothie tastes like an orange creamsicle. Amazing. Oranges are jam packed with vitamin c and rich in potassium, so time to get smoothie-ing!
Disclaimer: This smoothie is "high pulp." You or your little chef may be on team "no pulp," but as we learned from Daphnie the nutritionist, smoothies have the power to leave you feeling full, while juice does not.
O is for Orange Smoothie
Makes 4 large glasses of juice | Inspired by Gimme Some Oven
15 mins prep time
- 4 oranges
- 2 cups ice
- 1/3 cup milk (your preference)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 cup
- 1/3 cup
- 1 tsp
- Peel 4 oranges. Place in blender.
- Add 2 cups ice, 1/3 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract to blender.
- **Grown-up** Make sure blender is secured and ready.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, use fun straws and sip!!
- Remember to clean up!
- Easily halve the recipe for less smoothie! FYI, half of 1/3 cup is 2 Tbsp + 2tsp.
- Peeling oranges is a great way for little ones to strengthen fine motor skills and their hand muscles! However if peeling 4 oranges seems like a daunting task, grown-ups can use this method for the easiest and fastest way to peel an orange using a knife.
- If you place the peeled oranges in the freezer for 30mins just until they’re chilled and beginning to freeze, you can use less ice!