Need to cool down on a sweltering hot summer day? These fro-yo grapes are an excellent healthy summer snack for kids and they'll help the whole family cool down with icy grapey deliciousness.
Assembling these grapes is extra fun because it involves toothpicks! We recently read about the magic of toothpicks and we believe it. There's something super fun about spearing your food and eating it right off the stick. So try these fro-yo grapes for an interactive afternoon snack! They also make a grape (!) excuse to play with your food.
Makes 1 tray of frozen grapes | Inspired by POPSUGAR
30 mins prep time and 2 hrs freezer time
- 2 cups grapes
- ½ cup plain yogurt (we like Greek yogurt)
- ½ cup your choice of toppings (dried coconut, granola, chia seeds, oats, etc.)
- 1 cup measuring cup
- ½ cup measuring cup
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray or something that fits into freezer
- Wash your hands.
- Wash 2 cups of grapes.
- Pull grapes off of stems and dry grapes with a paper towel.
- Stir yogurt until smooth and free of clumps.
- Place topping (our favorite was dried coconut!) into bowl.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Poke each grape with a toothpick and dip into yogurt. Then dip into topping.
- Place grape onto parchment paper lined tray.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 with all grapes.
- Place tray into freezer and set timer for 2 hours.
- Clean up while you're waiting for the grapes to freeze..
- Remove from freezer and time to nom!
- Our favorite topping is dried coconut, but chia seeds and granola are also grape (we love puns, we can't stop).
- If you or your kid chef is getting hangry, you can always dip the grapes in yogurt without freezing them and they're still very tasty.