This is the perfect snack for when your little gremlins are trying to pre-game dinner. These apple rings are also great for grown-ups who run on hobbit meal times (breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, etc.). You can even try wearing them on your fingers, but we wouldn’t recommend it. ;)
This snack for kids is super quick to put together and easily customizable. They look like donuts but taste like apples (mind-blown!).
When you make this apple rings snack, post a pic on Instagram and tag us (@nomsterchef). We’d love to see your a-peel-ing creations!
Apple Rings snack
Inspired by hello, Wonderful
Serving Size: 2 people | Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Apple
- 4 TBSP nut butter (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter... there are no rules!)
- Optional toppings: raisins, banana slices, raspberries, chia seeds, sprinkles
- Apple Corer and paring knife for the Grown-up
- Cutting board
- Wash your hands.
- Wash the apple.
- **Grown-up** Core the apple. If you don’t have an apple corer, check out this step-by-step guide on How To Core an Apple (the Fun Way!). Slice apples so that you have apple rings about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread nut butter onto apple rings using your spoon.
- Optional: Top with sprinkles, raisins, chia seeds, cut-up fruits or whatever you would like!
- Clean tools and wipe down prep station
- Try experimenting with different types of nut butter. We used peanut butter, almond butter, Nutella and sun butter. Have your kid chefs taste them with their eyes closed and see if they can guess which spread they’re tasting!
- This is a great snack to pair with a toppings bar. Cut-up fruits, raisins, chia seeds and sprinkles would all be delicious! Your kid chefs will love being able to pick the toppings!